The photovoltaic installations that we manufacture can be classified into two groups: Isolated solar installations and self-consumption solar installations.
Off-grid photovoltaic installations
Photovoltaic solar modules, made up of photovoltaic cells, are the devices that directly transform solar radiation into electrical energy in direct current. The battery or accumulator is the component that stores the electrical energy generated by the modules. The regulator is the one that controls the process of charging and, sometimes, discharging the battery. And finally it is the inverter that transforms the direct current into alternating current at 220 V and 50 Hz, which are the values at which household appliances usually work.
We're talking about a technology that:
- Does not emit noise or smoke.
- You don't have to worry about having it refueled. It doesn't increase in price every year, it's just for free.
- The installation of the solar field will require only a few meters of roof, most of the time out of sight. The rest of the equipment will occupy an area similar to a washing machine and with minimal maintenance.
- In addition, the technology has advanced so much that its consumption can be visualized through web portals or applications on the mobile phone, making it easier to use energy more efficiently.
In short, there are numerous advantages offered by isolated solar photovoltaic technology, a mature technology, that has been functional for several decades and is undoubtedly the best solution for isolated operation.
Solar installations for self-consumption
The difference between isolated solar technology and self-consumption is that the latter has always access to the network, it does not need to accumulate energy for the hours without sunshine and therefore the investment is significantly lower.
Years ago, energy generation was reserved for the electricity companies and only dwellings and companies without a connection to the grid (off-grid installations) could use it for their own consumption.
Then, after the liberalisation of the electricity market, anyone was allowed to produce electricity to sell it to the grid, but not for self-consumption. However, at the end of 2011, Spain approved a Royal Decree that authorised and regulated direct self-consumption by consumers through their own installations, but did not allow to pour surpluses into the electricity grid and consequently did not allow to use these surpluses during hours of low or no solar production.
Finally, as of April 5th, RD 244/2019 was approved, which introduced great novelties for the sector, improving the situation of self-consumption and allowing the generation of all the energy that the user needs day and night. In this way, during the day the solar installation will generate the necessary excess energy, which will be injected into the public electricity network, so that at night it can be recovered by paying only a fraction of the cost of that amount of energy in the market. This makes it possible to achieve total energy independence by converting the electricity grid into a "storage system".
Therefore, although until now the objective of solar self-consumption has been to produce only the daytime demand, this Royal Decree now allows us to produce more in order to satisfy the nighttime demand.
What advantages offers this technology:
- Greater energy independence. The growing demand for energy globally means that the price of energy continues rising through years. The sun, however, is and will always be a free source of energyGreat economic savings.
- By generating part of the energy demand, it is no longer necessary to buy energy and therefore your electricity bill will drop by 20% to 70%, depending on the number of panels installed and your energy consume throughout the day and night.
- Reliability: Producing energy with a solar self-consumption installation will allow us to have a fixed cost in the next 25 years simply by taking advantage of your roof and use an unproductive space.
- Environmental benefit: In Tenerife only 10% of the energy in the electricity network is of renewable origin. A solar installation prevents a large amount of contaminating gases from being sent into the atmosphere and contributes to save the future of our planet and hábitat of our children.
- We sell turnkey, isolated and grid-connected installations
- We sell photovoltaic modules and inverters
- We design and manufacture solar trackers
- We study projects and process documents
- We do installations and offer maintenance
- We process grants.