Solar-powered irrigation pump
In Direct Solar Pumping installations, the pumps only work when there is solar radiation. Depending on the amount of radiation they will work at a higher or lower power, that is, they will extract more or less flow. In short, these systems adapt to the real water needs: more sun (radiation) = more water needs = more pump flow (if there is no sun the plants do not need to be watered).
There are two options:
- Direct solar pumping with variable speed drive. The energy produced by the modules is transformed by means of a variable speed drive to supply electricity to the pump (large installations).
- Direct solar pumping without speed variator. There are also pumps for solar systems working in direct current on the market. In these cases, the solar field would be connected directly to the pump or through some control device.
- The number of modules required for a pump is determined by the water lifting height and the volume required. It must also be taken into account whether the water is to be pumped to the wellhead, used directly as a drip or stored in a reservoir.
There are two types of pumps depending on whether the water is surface or underground:
- Submersible Pumps: Helical pumps (large depths, low flow rates); Centrifugal pumps (shallow, high flow)
- Surface Pumps:Centrifugal pumps
Solar pool pumping
The LORENTZ pump uses a DC brushless motor for greater efficiency and reliability, and is connected to a solar generator via a controller. The controller monitors the system, controls the pump speed and optimizes the amount of water pumped based on the available current.
- Zero energy costs which provides a very fast return on investment
- Longer life than conventional AC motors
- Quiet and efficient
- Proven track record of operation
- Controllable speed to fit exactly the size of the pool
- Intelligent modular design for easy and economical maintenance and repair
- Quick and easy installation, direct replacement of the pump for existing pools
- Designed in Germany
- Brushless EC DRIVE DC motors, designed for solar operation with over 90% efficiency
- Use of high quality anti-corrosion materials throughout the pump
- Direct solar operation with AC connection options
- MPPT technology to maximize the use of PV module power
- Optional data logging function